To learn more about copyright compliance, copyright infringement, and fair use, please see the references below.
- Basic Information on Copyright and Fair Use (Office of General Counsel, PDF)
- University Policy on Intellectual Property (PDF)
- Patent Information (USC Stevens Institute for Innovation)
- Statement from the Librarian of Congress on Fair Use Exceptions
- www.copyright.gov (United States Library of Congress)
- Higher Education Opportunity Act (Complete text of the HEOA, 432-page PDF)
Legal Alternatives to Copyright Infringement
There are many websites that offer legitimate streaming of audio and video content, as well as many sites that offer legal downloads for a fee.
A list of legal downloading resources is available from EDUCAUSE, a nonprofit organization committed to promoting the intelligent use of information technology to advance higher education.