ITS FYI7 Initiatives: USC Digital
Information Technology Services (ITS) is committed to providing information technology (IT) solutions in support of and in partnership with USC schools and research and administrative units. In FY17, ITS will launch a series of IT initiatives designed to promote the digital transformation of USC by providing faculty, students, and staff with world-class mobile access, online services, and software tools.
USC Digital is a multi-year project, whose initiatives will launch at different times. Progress reports for these initiatives, including significant milestones, will be posted below.
World-class, Pervasive Wireless
- Goal: A high-speed, easily accessible wireless environment to serve as the gateway to all IT services at USC and facilitate mobile engagement for students, faculty, staff, parents, patients, and guests.
- Goal: A mobile-first environment where all core applications are optimized for mobile device interfaces through responsive design and other approaches.
- Goal: A central online location for information about the software available to the USC community—from ITS or academic departments—including the ability to download or license the software, where relevant.
- Goal: A central repository of all services provided by ITS and others on campus to increase awareness and allow departments to more easily cluster together for shared resources.
- Goal: Dynamic resources to support research and promote excellence across all disciplines.
- Goal: Secure, encrypted, and backed-up data storage for faculty, staff, and students.
- Goal: High-quality reporting, with high-integrity data, to facilitate analysis and decision-making for the academic and administrative units.
- Goal: A dynamic IT platform for online and classroom learning experiences.
- Goal: Centrally supported video conferencing solutions to unite the Health Sciences and University Park campuses.
- Goal: The transition of enterprise applications into a software as a service, or SaaS, environment to achieve lower operating costs, backup, and business continuity.
- Goal: World-class enterprise applications across all campuses.