IMAGINE is a business transformation that aims to reduce risk, improve efficiency, enable strategic decision making and enhance the customer experience. The IMAGINE program is accomplishing this goal through its Finance Transformation and HCM Optimization initiatives.
A critical enabler of this business transformation is Workday, a cloud enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that will serve as the university’s single system for finance, human resources and payroll services.
IMAGINE is much more than just a system implementation, however. To truly maximize the investment USC is making, we’ve challenged ourselves to achieve excellence by reimagining business processes, operations and the ways we work together.
To learn more about the IMAGINE program, visit imagineprogram.usc.edu.
What are the benefits of IMAGINE?
- Reduce Risk: Workday Financial Management will allow USC to develop a single source of truth, establish a controlled environment to support compliance and stewardship of assets and achieve a month-end close across the institution.
- Improve Efficiency: Through this implementation, USC will have opportunities to simplify and standardize business processes, redesign approval layers and leverage robotic process automation.
- Enable Strategic Decision Making: Workday Financial Management will allow USC to reduce time spent on transactional tasks, create an accurate, trusted and timely reporting environment and deliver visibility across the organization.
- Enhance the Customer Experience: Workday Financial Management enables USC to provide a reliable and user-friendly, cloud-based platform, establish clear service expectations for stakeholder support and promote continuous improvement and scalability.
Who will benefit from IMAGINE?
Kuali and other financial systems and IMAGINE will be integrated across USC academic units, administrative units, financial units and hospitals, streamlining the work done by finance and HR staff across USC.
When will IMAGINE be implemented?
The Human Capital Management Release 5 went live on September 28, 2020. Workday Financial Management will go live July 1, 2021.
Who are IMAGINE’s sponsors and program leads?
The program directors for IMAGINE are Mark DeMaio and James Qua (Deloitte).
- Elizabeth Grady, Executive Vice President
- James Staten, Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer
- Felicia Washington, Senior Vice President for Human Resources
- David Wright, Senior Vice President for Administration
- Tim Bessolo, Associate Senior Vice President
- Erik Brink, Vice President, University Comptroller
- Greg Condell, Vice President of Finance
- Veronica Garcia, Associate Chief Information Officer, Application Services
- Rodney B. Hanners, Chief Executive Officer, Keck Medicine of USC
- Rob Johnson, Associate Senior Vice President
- TJ Malseed, Chief Information Officer, Health Sciences Campus
- Lila Mauro, Associate Vice President, Business Services and Chief Procurement Officer
- Matthew McElrath, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Jeri Muniz, Executive Director, Contracts and Grants, Department of Contracts and Grants
- Richard Pineda, Associate Chief Financial Officer
- Mark Todd, Vice President for Academic Operations and Strategy